(1) As I understand it, five chapters still need to go into tech review:
04, 08, 11, 14, and 16. Two of those are minor revisions. I'd like you to deliver one chapter for Rami's review per week, with the first due Monday, Feb 2. That would wrap up the TR of the book by March 2.
(2) Then we'll need to get these chapters into copyedit, in addition to ones that you already have. These are chapters 04, 06, 08, 09, 11, 14, 15, and 16. Let's give you another month for that. That is, we'll expect you to submit two chapters per week, responding to Rami's TR.
(3) That leaves April for your review of copyedited chapters.
- 1 00 - Introduction - Finalized
- 2 01 - Xen: A high-level overview - Finalized
- 3 02 - Xen quickstart- post-TR
- 4 03 - Installing domUs -post-CEAR
- 5 04 - Storage - Finalized
- 6 05 - Networking - Finalized
- 7 06 - Managing domUs - post-TR
- 8 07 - Xen with shared hosting - finalized
- 9 08 - Xen with non-Linux UNIX-like OSes - major changes
- 10 09 - Migration - Post-TR - returned to no-starch for CE
- 11 10 - Profiling with Xen -- finalized?
- 12 11 - Xensource - in TR
- 13 12 - HVM and Xen - Finalized
- 14 13 - Windows- Finalized
- 15 14 - Tips
- 16 15 - Troubleshooting
- 17 Appendix A - Xen tools reference
- 18 Appendix B - Xen domain config
- 19 Glossary
- 20 Index
00 - Introduction - Finalized
01 - Xen: A high-level overview - Finalized
02 - Xen quickstart- post-TR
03 - Installing domUs -post-CEAR
I think this might be better as chapter 5 -- first storage, then networking, then creating domUs -- a progression from lower orders to higher. Is this still possible?
Chris 03:02, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
copyedited major changesmade, sent back to no-starch.
04 - Storage - Finalized
05 - Networking - Finalized
06 - Managing domUs - post-TR
post-tr, for prgmr.com to work on
Chris' problem -- would like to add stuff about OpenQRM or Convirt.
(we updated, but that's done, too. It's final.)
08 - Xen with non-Linux UNIX-like OSes - major changes
sent Date: 19 Jun 2008 02:39:10 -0400
09 - Migration - Post-TR - returned to no-starch for CE
sent to no-starch Mon Jul 21 00:27:01 PDT 2008
10 - Profiling with Xen -- finalized?
tech reviewed, and with authors for review - approved and sent back on 2008/07/13
11 - Xensource - in TR
Sent to TR, not back from TR.
12 - HVM and Xen - Finalized
13 - Windows- Finalized
14 - Tips
still pretty rough 14-tips.txt
15 - Troubleshooting
Post-TR. Currently with L&C
Appendix A - Xen tools reference
aa-xm.txt - back from tr
Appendix B - Xen domain config
ab-config.txt - back from tr