CentOS image setup
- Change the xen domU config for kernel, ramdisk, and extra for anaconda with kickstart.
kernel = "/home/nick/centos/vmlinuz" ramdisk = "/home/nick/centos/initrd.img" extra = "text interactive ks=http://www.schmalenberger.us/prgmr/anaconda-ks.cfg"
- Make sure the disk is not mounted or partitioned or anything in the dom0 while the domU installs on it.
- After anaconda is done make sure its shutdown properly and completely.
- Mount the new filesystem in the dom0 and tar it as centos32step1.tar.gz (remember to use tar --selinux!).
- umount the filesystem, make sure it boots and works ok.
- Erase the disk and install from centos32step1.tar.gz.
- Make miscellaneous changes to filesystem (remove hostname, mac address and such)
- yum update
- remove ssh host keys
- tar it as centos32step2.tar.gz (remember to use tar --selinux!).
- Confirm it still boots and works ok (try to integrate changes into kickstart file).
- Erase disk again, install centos32step2.tar.gz, if it works it is the new CentOS image.